Visa and entry

Visa sticker

Visa sticker, © Thomas Köhler/photothek.de

01.12.2017 - Article

Information about visa applications for working and studying or family reunifications in Germany

Short stay

Schengen Visa (for business, trade fair, tourism, transit, medical etc. maximum of 90 days)

Transit Visa: Read here whether you need a Transit Visa for travelling through Germany to another Destination. See this checklist for your Transit Visa application.

Visiting a Relative Holding an EU citizenship: maximum of 90 days

Short-term visa application form (ONLINE)

Short-term visa application form (pdf)

PLEASE NOTE: the ONLINE visa application form will reduce the amount of time an applicant has to spend at the visa counter. After the visa application form has been filled-in online, it has to be printed, therefore a printer must be attached to the computer. When the application is printed, a barcode is generated and printed automatically on the application form. On the other hand, the visa application form in pdf format can also be downloaded and filled-in (also by hand), but it will cost the applicant longer time at the visa counter.

Long stay (more than 90 days, e.g. to attend university, work or join a family member in Germany):

Student Visa: For students who have been accepted by a college in Germany. See this checklist for your Student Visa application.

Family Reunion Visa: To join your spouse living in Germany you have to file an application for Family reunion or for Intended marriage .

Family Reunion with EU/EEA citizen: If your spouse living in Germany possesses an EU/ EEA citizenship different requirements apply to your Family reunion application.

Employment: If you have found a Job in Germany, you need to apply for a visa for employment.

Long-term visa application form (ONLINE)

Long-term visa application form (pdf)

As of 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, unmarried minor children and parents of minor children) of a person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany will be able to apply for a visa for the purpose of family reunion. Eligible family members may already register for an appointment to submit their visa application here.

All Visa Applicants (both short- and long-term) are requested to fill up the  “Declaration of Consent”, sign it and submit it with the visa application. Please download and sign it from here: Declaration of Consent

Telephone queries: The Visa Section can be contacted through the Embassy's telephone number +880 2 5566 8650 during week-days between 2.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m.

Additional content

The official Information Service for higher studies in Germany: dhaka@daadbangladesh.org


When applying for visa, you can provide evidence that you are able to meet your living costs by opening a blocked bank account. You have free choice of provider. To the best of the Embassy’s knowledge,…

Opening a Blocked Account

Top of page