Visa Information

15.03.2023 - Article

Depending on the purpose and duration of your stay in Germany you can either apply for a short-term “Schengen visa” or for a long-term “German national visa” for stays over 90 days.

To find out which documents you have to prepare, please read the section below according to your visa type.

Schengen Visa German National Visa

All Visa Applicants (both short- and long-term) should fill up the “Declaration of Consent”, sign it and submit it with the visa application. Please download it from here: Declaration of Consent

To find out what visa you should apply for, please use our Visa Navigator

Going to Germany?

We hope you understand that we cannot respond individually to questions featured in this section. Please write an email to the Visa Section if you have not found the answer to your question.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

When applying for visa, you can provide evidence that you are able to meet your living costs by opening a blocked bank account. You have free choice of provider. Please note that incomplete or…

Opening a Blocked Account

Top of page